Raphael E. "Ray" Ferris
- Estate Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Traffic Defense
- Estate Planning
A former prosecutor, Ray Ferris is a trial attorney experienced in both the civil and criminal courts and is listed as one of the "Best Lawyers in America". His practice concentrates in the areas of estate litigation, criminal defense and traffic defense.
His practice concentrates in the areas of personal injury plaintiff's litigation, criminal defense and traffic defense.
Named one of the Legal Elite among Criminal Defense Attorneys in Virginia by the Virginia Business Journal, Mr. Ferris balances aggressive advocacy and common sense tempered by civility. He takes pride in maintaining a relationship based on trust with his clients and zealously protects their interests.
Mr. Ferris belongs to the American Association for Justice, the Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys and the Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys.
He frequently lectures on criminal and traffic law for the VTLA and VSB. He served on the Board of Governors for the Criminal Law Section from 1998 until 2002. Ray is on the faculty of the Virginia State Bar's Professionalism Course, is listed in Best Lawyers in America, and has been named as one of Virginia's Super Lawyers for four consecutive years by the publishers of Richmond Magazine.
Outside the office, Ray enjoys spending time with his wife and three daughters. He is an active member of the Roanoke Valley Rotary Club and serves as legal counsel to his church, St. Elias Maronite Catholic Church. He was recently elected to Roanoke City Council.
Mr. Ferris earned a BBA from Roanoke College in 1976, and entered Law School at the University of Richmond in 1979. Graduating in 1982 with his Juris Doctorate Degree, he returned to Roanoke to practice law.
- University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1982
- Roanoke College, Salem, Virginia
- B.B.A., Bachelor of Business Administration - 1976
- Virginia, 1982
- American Association for Justice
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Virginia Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Named one of the Legal Elite among Criminal Defense Attorneys in Virginia by the Virginia Business Journal
- Virginia’s Super Lawyers
Classes & Seminars
- Criminal and traffic law, VTLA and VSB
Fraternities or Sororities
- Pi Kappa Phi