Lenden A. Eakin
- Partner, Year Joined Firm: 1988
- Personal Injury Claims
- Estate Related Litigation
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
Lenden Eakin has over 20 years of experience in plaintiffs' personal injury claims, estate related litigation, estate planning, estate administration and firearms law.
"I have handled cases against Lenden for over 25 years. He is a capable and skilled advocate who is well regarded by the courts and counsel throughout this area, and serves his clients' interests well." John Johnson
"Lenden is an experienced attorney who helped set up a marital trust for my father. The trust has withstood the test of time." Joe Mott
Listed at one of the "Best Lawyers in America", Mr. Eakin offers his clients strong litigation and negotiation skills in the handling of their cases.
He conducts himself with a quiet air of confidence and calm efficiency. In an environment fraught with deadlines and legal complexities often overshadowed by pain and grief, he offers clients peace of mind by taking care of details and managing their cases efficiently, minimizing their personal inconvenience and hardship.
Outside the office, Lenden remains a long time hunting and shooting enthusiast. He raises and trains Brittany Spaniels to hunt game birds. He is a federally licensed firearms dealer, as well as a Virginia Hunter Education instructor and NRA firearms instructor.
With a degree in Business Administration from the College of William and Mary in 1979, Mr. Eakin graduated from the University of Richmond, T. C. Williams School of Law in 1984. He also attended the Virginia Tech Masters of Business of Administration Program (no degree).
Mr. Eakin served as staff attorney for the Federal Land Bank of Baltimore from 1984 until he began private practice as a sole practitioner in 1986. Shortly thereafter, in 1988, Mr. Eakin became a partner in the firm that is now Ferris & Eakin. Among his other accomplishments, Mr. Eakin also served as an officer in the 29th Infantry Division Virginia Army National Guard for 11 years.
- University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence
- The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia
- B.B.A., Bachelor of Business Administration
- Virginia, 1984
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 1987
- U.S. District Court Western District of Virginia, 1987
- U.S. Federal Court, 1986
- U.S. Tax Court, 1987
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, 1986
- Virginia Army National Guard, 1978
- Best Lawyers in America
- Showdown: The Looming Crisis Over Gun Control, Lamplight Press, 2014
- Habitat for Humanity, 2008 to Present
- Virginia Department of Inland Game & Fisheries, 2005 to Present
- Free Estate Planning to Deploying Military Members, 2000 to Present
- Federal Land Bank of Baltimore, Staff Attorney, 1984
- 29th Infantry Division Virginia Army National Guard, Officer
- Author at Lamplight Press
Fraternities or Sororities
- Sigma Chi